3/19/10

Soon to be Famous...

This artist need some photos to really show off his work for his website, dennisdickerson.com. It takes a bit of work to photograph paintings and not get any glare. These paintings are huge, anywhere from 4 feet tall and bigger. In total, I took photos of about 30 paintings, which is about 1/5 of his total body of work.

This was one of my favorites. Unlike the others, this one was done without any professional brushes, just a handful of Q-tips.
20100305_DDWCA_54

These two paintings are representations of very old photos he bought off of ebay. Bringing these women who are long gone back to life in such a vibrant and modern style is nothing short of amazing.

Antique paintings

This one is a bit more modern and is a representation of a hollywood actress, mid-scene.

20100305_DDWCA_32

After the shoot, I got a shot of the artist relaxing outside my studio. This gives you a sense of the size of his paintings.

20100305_DDWCA_58

P.S. Did I mention this is also my dad?

No comments:

Post a Comment